Martes, Mayo 3, 2011

Husband of 9-11 victim reacts to Osama Bin Laden's death

THE husband of a Swansea woman killed in the September 11 terrorist attacks has spoken of his happiness at the death of Osama Bin Laden.

Charles Wolf's wife Katherine was killed in the attacks on the twin towers in New York nearly 10 years ago.

He said he would never have "closure" but was extremely gratified the "evil" man responsible was now in the "depths of hell".

Mr Wolf said: "I am so, so glad that man has been taken out of business.

"I was hoping he would be killed, or caught or whatever, it didn't matter to me but I wasn't waiting for it, I wasn't thinking about it at all."

Katherine, a former Bishop Gore comprehensive pupil from West Cross, had taken a job on the 97th floor of one of the towers just weeks before the attacks. The 40-year-old's body has never been recovered.

Speaking about the death of the man who masterminded the worst terrorist attack in American history, Mr Wolf said: "All I can do is speak for myself but I am sure that most of the families are extremely gratified this has happened.

"This is a wonderful thing. I had chills for an hour or two, chills all over me."

He said the idea of closure really doesn't exist.

But he added: "Ask me if I am glad and I will tell you yes, I am very happy.

"There is one man, one piece of tremendously evil energy which is off this planet.

"It is out of this physical realm and God will throw his soul into the depths of hell.

"There is no court on earth which could have done what the final judge has done."

Mr Wolf also said that despite the horrific nature of the events which scarred America nearly a decade ago, he would not be brought down by the tragedy of losing his wife.

"When Katherine was killed I said they may have got my wife but they are not getting the rest of my life and I drew a line in the sand," he said.

"I am not going to let them pull me down any further."

The 2001 attacks also claimed the life of Swansea banker Nicholas John, 43, who was in the World Trade Center for a meeting on behalf of his company Chase Morgan.

Barack Obama announced yesterday that Bin Laden had been killed following an intelligence-led operation which led them to a compound in the town of Abbottabad, 62 miles north-east of the Pakistani capital Islamabad.

Home Secretary Theresa May said Bin Laden's death was "an important and significant development in the struggle against global terrorism".

"There is a continuing need for everyone to remain vigilant," she added.

robert.goodman@swwmedia.co.uk



Source: http://rss.feedsportal.com/c/32715/f/503366/s/14925977/l/0L0Sthisissouthwales0O0Cnews0Cm0Eglad0Etaken0Ebusiness0Carticle0E35112490Edetail0Carticle0Bhtml/story01.htm

Conservation Sam Allardyce Communities Floyd Mayweather US supreme court Paul Myners

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento