Biyernes, Pebrero 17, 2012

Fernando Torres: I feel better than ever at Chelsea but cannot score

? Striker determined to be a success at Stamford Bridge
? Spaniard has three league goals in over a year

Fernando Torres has admitted that he just "cannot score" for Chelsea more than a year after his �50m move from Liverpool which has yielded three league goals in 34 appearances.

The striker told ESPN: "To be honest, after one year I was expecting things would be better than they are now. It is a difficult situation because I am happy in my personal life. We really like the club and we're very happy here to be involved with the staff and the players. On the pitch it is a difficult time for Chelsea because we are not finding the results but we're changing things like playing a different style and still we have a young team to do it.

"Personally I have to improve. In my time at Liverpool there were games where I would not be playing well or I would be doing nothing but every time I touched the ball I scored. It's such a strange feeling now because I am feeling better than ever physically. I am not finding the chances and, when I do find the chances, I cannot score."

Despite his difficult 12 months Torres is clear he wants to stay at Chelsea. "My present and my future are here. I have many things to do here and I want to do it because I always did what I wanted in every club I've been at, so this is not going to be different," he said.

Torres will get another chance to find his scoring touch against Birmingham City in Saturday's FA Cup fifth-round tie after Andr� Villas-Boas confirmed Didier Drogba will not feature as he is still recovering after the Africa Cup of Nations, where the Ivory Coast lost to Zambia on penalties in last Sunday's final.

The manager said: "I spoke to him the day after the game. I think it is obviously a major disappointment for him. To what extent personally I don't know. But I think there were great prospects for the Ivory Coast to get that trophy for their country.

"It was a major disappointment for them with the dimension of the players that they have. "


guardian.co.uk © 2012 Guardian News and Media Limited or its affiliated companies. All rights reserved. | Use of this content is subject to our Terms & Conditions | More Feeds


Source: http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/feb/17/fernando-torres-chelsea-score

Consumer affairs Australia cricket team Radio 1 Switzerland Mark Bright Eric Cantona

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento