Biyernes, Hunyo 29, 2012

Q&A: Boris Becker

'My most embarrassing moment? You don't want to go there!'

Boris Becker, 44, was born in Leimen, Germany. In 1985, at the age of 17, he became the youngest man to win Wimbledon. He went on to win 49 singles titles, including five more grand slams, and Olympic gold before his retirement in 1999. He is currently commentating for the BBC at Wimbledon. He is married for the second time, has four children and lives in London.

When were you happiest?
I am happiest with my family.

What is your greatest fear?
Losing members of my family.

What is your earliest memory?
Holding a tennis racket, aged three.

Which living person do you most admire, and why?
My sporting hero, Muhammad Ali.

What is the trait you most deplore in yourself?
That I can't forget.

What is the trait you most deplore in others?
Being disrespectful.

What was your most embarrassing moment?
You don't want to go there!

Property aside, what's the most expensive thing you've bought?
My Mercedes SLS.

What would your super power be?
To make the world a better place.

What do you most dislike about your appearance?
My crooked nose.

Who would play you in the film of your life?
Steve McQueen.

What is your favourite smell?
Babies.

What is your favourite book?
The Little Prince.

What is your guiltiest pleasure?
Whisky and a cigar after a long day.

To whom would you most like to say sorry, and why?
I have done lots of apologising in my life.

What or who is the love of your life?
My wife, Lilly, of course.

Have you ever said "I love you" and not meant it?
I am afraid so.

Who would you invite to your dream dinner party?
Sofia Vergara from Modern Family, Bill Clinton and Angelina Jolie.

Which words or phrases do you most overuse?
"See you tomorrow."

What has been your biggest disappointment?
Never to have won the French Open.

If you could edit your past, what would you change?
I would win the French Open.

If you could go back in time, where would you go?
To when there were no cars and we rode in horse carriages.

When did you last cry, and why?
If I see a movie, hear an emotional story, if my children do something cute. I get teary-eyed quickly.

How often do you have sex?
As often as my wife lets me.

What is the closest you've come to death?

An emergency landing in a private jet with my ex-wife and two sons. There was a fire and we had to land quickly. I went back the next day, because I felt that if I didn't get back on a plane immediately, I'd be afraid.

What do you consider your greatest achievement?
Being father of a beautiful family and winning Wimbledon.

What keeps you awake at night?
My thoughts.

How would you like to be remembered?
My book isn't over yet ? there is a lot more to come.

What is the most important lesson life has taught you?
You never know what might happen tomorrow.

? Follow Rosanna Greenstreet on Twitter.


guardian.co.uk © 2012 Guardian News and Media Limited or its affiliated companies. All rights reserved. | Use of this content is subject to our Terms & Conditions | More Feeds




Source: http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2012/jun/29/boris-becker-q-and-a

Liverpool Walking holidays Public sector cuts Credit cards Everton Lancashire

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento